Go Back   Home Owners Forum > Home Discussion Forums > Home Cleaning
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
addieadela

I must say that cleaning and maintaining the appearance is a must carefully when making leather sofas. Leather, as I mentioned above is a very specific structure to be maintained properly. Its good when we see our own look with new furniture.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #8
april_luv

Water stains often plague leather sofas for the reason that it is used to clean it! This is why it's so important to only use damp, not soaking, cloths when trying to remove stains. Water should dry naturally on the leather and then be met with a leather conditioner after it's dried.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
FlexPVC

I've been using diluted cedar oil for years. Orange oil also works, but I think the cedar works better or it could be I just mix it stronger.

But the cedar oil at 20% has taken out ball point pen ink from a biscuit colored leather couch, so plain old dirt is no problem.

I always follow it up with leather conditioner afterwards.

Last edited by FlexPVC; 02-24-2011 at 05:00 PM..
FlexPVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:11 AM   #10
ronicolman

You need to use a good quality water based foam leather cleaner.
DO NOT use anything containing oils, waxes or silicones. (Most 'conditioners' contain waxes or oils so should not be used) and furniture polish (Pledge etc)contains silicones which will destroy the finish on the leather. Auto products should not be used as most of these contain oils and waxes.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #11
herbaltea

Furniture plays a very important role in home decoration. Leather furniture, while quite beautiful and elegant, can be a challenge to maintain and to clean. However, with some proper advice you can clean your leather sofa easily.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
lisawilson288

Water stains often plague leather sofas for the reason that it is used to clean it! This is why it's so important to only use damp, not soaking, cloths when trying to remove stains. Water should dry naturally on the leather and then be met with a leather conditioner after it's dried.
Mold & Mildew Remediation
lisawilson288 is offline   Reply With Quote